Thank you inspiration for existing
Talking with my favorite writer makes me happy /w\
This will help you write good.
you’re stuck living with your icon for a month have fun
I kinda really liked how I drawn Arthur here for a very special someone’s birthday! I can’t show the full picture because it has a lame ass message ^q^ hahaha… //slapped
The whole film took me altogether about 5 grueling months (usually 10-12hours a day) to do. I often felt my butt was going to grow into the chair I usually sat at.
Please note that this was simply my way of doing my film to achieve the soft-shaded style I wanted; there are many other ways of doing this and some are a lot faster with different results~! :)
- My film on DeviantArt | My film on Vimeo
- My film gifs on Tumblr
- You can see my storyboard animatic here (although the original had music, but like I mentioned, my placeholder music was by Joe Hisaishi, you know, Miyazaki’s composer, so it’s not really legal to upload it).
This tut differs a bit from my dA version, because tumblr lets me put the combination of gifs and jpegs :D.
Here’s a book that will really help you start animating:
here’s some books that are good for composition, storytelling and colours:
- Dream Worlds: Production Design for Animation
- The Art of Pixar: The Complete Color Scripts and Select Art from 25 Years of Animation
- Prepare to Board! Creating Story and Characters for Animated Features and Shorts
I hope these helped
I ask that no one removes the credit or source for this tutorial/guide please. thanks :)
And this is a keeper! No doubt about that! :)
I’m just gonna put this one on standby
for when I start my senior film!
- The Basics -
- The giveaway ends on May 3.
- 3 winners will be chosen using a random number generator
- The Rules -
- You don’t have to be following me to join, but it’s appreciated.
- Only reblogs count
- There’s no reblog limit, but please don’t spam.
- You must have your askbox open
- After they’ve been contacted: winners have one week to respond, preferably letting me know what they wish for me to draw. If a week passes with no reply I’ll generate a new winner.
- The artworks will be posted to my blog with appropriate tags unless winners request for them to be kept private or want to post them to their own blogs (with credit)
- The Prizes -
FIRST PLACE: You may choose between a colored and shaded image of one character of your choice with a detailed background or a coloured and shaded image of two characters of your choice with a simple background. (OR as an extra third option I can do an animated face sprite instead with a few different expressions. The individual frames will also be made available to you.)
SECOND PLACE: You may choose between a colored and shaded image of one character of your choice with a simple background or a colored and (quickly) shaded image of two characters of your choice with transparent background
THIRD PLACE: A colored and (quickly) shaded image of one character of your choice with transparent background.
i love when people are passionate about a certain character, like really passionate about them bc then i start associating them with that character and then the character reminds me of them and i’ll just be looking through my dash and then suddenly i’ll think about them
if i make you think of my favorite characters i have Succeeded
Seasons of Love (RENT)